Baby Steps

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pregnant and Painting

As most of you know, in my spare time (which will become non-existent in a few weeks) I paint, draw and do crafts. I have been blessed with an amazing opportunity that arose in February. I was asked by Justin's company to paint a piece of artwork for their board room at the corporate office. I have been commissioned to do art before but this was a whole new experience considering the pregnancy. It has really been an awesome but challenging experience. When I paint, I am constantly moving which has been very difficult since even sitting for a long period of time is a challenge at this stage of pregnancy. I decided I would just take my time to ensure the piece was perfect. This is also not typical of my work, I like to work for hours and hours until I finish something. With all of this being said, I finished the painting and shipped it today! I really needed the gratification of this accomplishment and hope they enjoy my work. 


(3) 30x40 in canvas panels


People.Technology.Brand.









This painting was not the only project I have worked on over the pregnancy. It's amazing how when you least expect it you end up having an abundance of opportunities. I have a shop on Etsy  http://www.etsy.com/people/MyMarksbyAnnie where I sell artwork and crafts. I have worked on a personalized project and even Christmas ornaments in the past couple months!


Personalized Scrabble board



Hand painted ornaments for a wedding
 Other fun paintings






As of today I have decided to put my Etsy shop on vacation and try to not start any more big projects that I won't have time to finish! I hope I will get to paint again after Piper gets here!!




















No comments:

Post a Comment